Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2009, 08:07 PM

Default Re: New Flu Spreading Like Wildfire

Here, an excerpt from text on this thread:

"Mexico, the outbreak's epicenter with up to 86 suspected deaths, canceled some church services and closed markets, restaurants and movie theaters. A televised variety show filled its seats with cardboard cutouts. Few people ventured onto the streets, and some wore face masks."

Another excerpt from this thread:

"168 deaths in Mexico.

One death in the US and it was a Mexican child who was brought to the US by his/her mother for medical care.

Most of the "FLU" reported cases on this map for countries other than Mexico, indicate "probable" and/or "suspected" cases."

Apparently, the death toll in Mexico from the Swine Flu has now dwindled to 19.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-02-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Okay, I've figured it out.

The death toll of 19 refers only to Mexico City and not Mexico as a whole.

All one has to do is click on the map that our member, Stompk, who referred to me as a psyops pedophile, has provided to view the total death count in Mexico which is near the 200 mark.

Must say, however, that the articles by the AP are not very helpful when they report the death count at 19 in Mexico when they are referring only to Mexico City.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-02-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 PM

Here's a suggestion to the AP writers.

Don't title your article, Mexican death toll from the Swine Flu at 19, if you're only referring to Mexico City.

More appropriately would be:

Mexico City death toll at 19.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:05 AM

So I was right, you are accusing me of making up that Obama quote. Well, I didn't make it up, but oh well. It came from a yahoo news article, but why squabble about tiny details?

Once again you are accusing me of trying to say my theory is fact, which I never said it was. It was a theory....you do understand the definition of a theory, don't you?

This is exactly why I avoid forums for the most part. There is always a thorn-in-your-side person on every forum who only argues and throws jabs at other people. I mean, really, my very first post on this forum, and I immediately have to deal with a pain-in-the-ass person, who is probably a troll. I wonder if other people on this site are having the same problems with you? Probably they are....ugh.

Blue Angel, I am not a fear monger....I am not trying to spread fear, but as I've already stated, this is a site for conspiracy theories, so if you are looking for facts, you are on the wrong forum. It's a place for ideas, theories, and yes, even fabrications, which is the definition of a conspiracy theory. If it could be proven with facts, it would no longer be a conspiracy theory, but a proven phenomenon....

You are an ass....and I'm sure you will have plenty to say in response to this post, but rest assured, I won't be reading it. I will never log onto this site ever again. Enjoy getting in the last words, that I will never even read or know exist.

If the administrators ever read this, please know that you lost a new member, only days after I joined, because of this useless poster who annoyed me so much, I decided your forum was just not worth the aggravation.

Way to go Blue Angel, enjoy your reign over this forum.....

I will only share my theories with my close friends and family, so maybe they will have a fighting chance at a heads up, before things possibly get really bad. Everyone on this forum, however, won't benefit from productive debate and conversation over what we could have done to protect ourselves or prepare in the chance that my theory is even remotely right. You stole any chance of that ever happening.

Seriously, way to go....no one else was frightened by my post but you....you must wonder why that is? Perhaps you don't want to consider if I could be right, because that would be too scary to deal with....?

Enjoy your little forum.......
Old 05-03-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layinglow1 View Post
So I was right, you are accusing me of making up that Obama quote. Well, I didn't make it up, but oh well. It came from a yahoo news article, but why squabble about tiny details?

You need to supply the source, otherwise it appears you made it up.

Once again you are accusing me of trying to say my theory is fact, which I never said it was. It was a theory....you do understand the definition of a theory, don't you?

You stated that those persons in Mexico who died from SWINE flu, first had the flu in a dormant stage and then it killed them when it came out of it's dormancy in the second stage.

Again, supply the source. Otherwise, it appears you made this up, too.

It is ridiculous for you to think that what you are saying should even be considered as a theory.

This is exactly why I avoid forums for the most part. There is always a thorn-in-your-side person on every forum who only argues and throws jabs at other people. I mean, really, my very first post on this forum, and I immediately have to deal with a pain-in-the-ass person, who is probably a troll. I wonder if other people on this site are having the same problems with you? Probably they are....ugh.

If you think EVERYONE on a forum should agree with you, it's best that you avoid them.

Yeah, I'm a troll because I question your theories.

Blue Angel, I am not a fear monger....I am not trying to spread fear, but as I've already stated, this is a site for conspiracy theories, so if you are looking for facts, you are on the wrong forum. It's a place for ideas, theories, and yes, even fabrications, which is the definition of a conspiracy theory. If it could be proven with facts, it would no longer be a conspiracy theory, but a proven phenomenon....

WE don't need you to explain to US what this forum represents.

A conspiracy theory is not derived from the fabrication of one's mind.

A conspiracy theory involves the mass accumulation of evidence which explains a historical or current event as the result of a secret plot by conspirators, such as a "secret team" or "shadow government."

You are an ass....and I'm sure you will have plenty to say in response to this post, but rest assured, I won't be reading it. I will never log onto this site ever again. Enjoy getting in the last words, that I will never even read or know exist.

If the administrators ever read this, please know that you lost a new member, only days after I joined, because of this useless poster who annoyed me so much, I decided your forum was just not worth the aggravation.

If you're going to toss out your OWN theories of a conspiracy regarding the SWINE flu, you certainly should be able to debate them when they are challenged.

Way to go Blue Angel, enjoy your reign over this forum.....

I will.

I will only share my theories with my close friends and family, so maybe they will have a fighting chance at a heads up, before things possibly get really bad. Everyone on this forum, however, won't benefit from productive debate and conversation over what we could have done to protect ourselves or prepare in the chance that my theory is even remotely right. You stole any chance of that ever happening.

Oh, please. Like I'm stopping you from sharing VITAL information. That's your choice.

Seriously, way to go....no one else was frightened by my post but you....you must wonder why that is? Perhaps you don't want to consider if I could be right, because that would be too scary to deal with....?

Enjoy your little forum.......

Who said I was frightened? You posted YOUR theory about the SWINE flu and I questioned it.

You don't need to get your feathers in a ruffle.

EVERYONE who is a member of this forum is entitled to question ANYTHING that is posted by another member.
Inside the box.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:17 PM

Well, I assume the map that Stompk provided is inaccurate because here we go again.

Excerpt from the following article:

"Mexican Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova said late Sunday that the virus that has killed 22 people in Mexico, raising the toll from 19. The last confirmed death occurred on April 29, he said."

New swine flu cases in Europe, US, Latin America

New swine flu cases in Europe, US, Latin America

By JAMES ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer James Anderson,
Associated Press Writer 4 mins ago

MEXICO CITY The swine flu epidemic spread deeper into the United States, Europe and Latin America and in Canada, back to pigs even as Mexico's health chief hinted Sunday it may soon be time to reopen businesses and schools in the nation where the outbreak likely began.

The virus spread to Colombia in the first confirmed case in South America, worrisome because flu season is about to begin in the Southern Hemisphere. More cases were confirmed in Europe and North America; health officials said at least 999 people have been sickened worldwide.

Dr. Richard Besser, acting chief of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said swine flu is spreading just as easily as regular winter flu.

"The good news is when we look at this virus right now, we're not seeing some of the things in the virus that have been associated in the past with more severe flu," Besser said. "That's encouraging, but it doesn't mean we're out of the woods yet."

On Sunday, health officials raised the number of confirmed U.S. swine flu cases to 244 in 34 states. The new number, up from 160 on Saturday, reflects streamlining in federal procedures and the results of tests by states, which have only recently begun confirming cases, said Dr. Anne Schuchat of the CDC.

Mexican Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova said late Sunday that the virus that has killed 22 people in Mexico, raising the toll from 19. The last confirmed death occurred on April 29, he said.

Cordova added that the virus had sickened at least 568 and apparently peaked in Mexico between April 23 and April 28. A drastic nationwide shutdown appears to have helped prevent the outbreak from becoming more serious, he said.

"The evolution of the epidemic is now in its declining phase," Cordova said.

He said officials would decide Monday whether to extend the shutdown or allow schools and businesses to reopen on Wednesday.

Pablo Kuri, an epidemiologist advising Cordova, told The Associated Press on Sunday that tests have confirmed a swine flu death in Mexico City on April 11, two days earlier than what had been believed to be the first death.

Kuri also said there have been no deaths among health care workers treating swine flu patients in Mexico, an indication that the virus may not be as contagious or virulent as initially feared.

The closed events made for a surreal Sunday in Mexico, as parishioners celebrated Mass via television, camera operators were the only ones in stadium bleachers and parks, museums, restaurants, theaters and other attractions were closed.

Sunday also marked the official start of campaigning for July 5 congressional elections but all public campaigning was banned to prevent gatherings where the virus could spread.

Gabriela Cuevas Barron of the conservative National Action Party giddily claimed she was launching Mexico's first virtual campaign, promising in a Webcast to work for a cleaner and safer Mexico City for now, through Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Meanwhile, the leftist Democratic Revolution Party was already up with a Facebook page for its candidates.

The United States said it had sent 100,000 protection kits worth $1 million to Mexico for use by first responders. The kits include respiratory masks, protective goggles and overalls. In all, the U.S. has sent $16 million in aid to Mexico since the emergency began, the U.S. Embassy said.

Officials in New Mexico announced Sunday that 14 schools in four towns were being closed for at least a week after the state's first swine flu case was confirmed, and the New Mexico Activities Association suspended all athletic and activity programs until further notice at member schools across the state.

In Arizona, all 10 public schools in the border city of Nogales canceled classes this week after a student tested positive for swine flu.

California officials, meanwhile, suspended all visitations at prisons pending results of tests on an ill inmate at Centinela State Prison.

In the Canadian province of Alberta, officials quarantined about 220 pigs that became infected from a worker who had recently returned from Mexico. It was the first documented case of the H1N1 virus being passed from a human to another species. Canada stressed that pigs often get the flu and there's no danger in eating pork.

Egypt has ordered all pigs in the country slaughtered as a precaution, sparking riots Sunday by pig farmers who threw stones at police.

According to tallies by the CDC, World Health Organization and governments, there were 101 confirmed cases of swine flu in Canada; 40 in Spain; 18 in Britain; eight in Germany; four in New Zealand; two each in Italy, France, Israel, and South Korea; one each in Colombia, Costa Rica, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Hong Kong, Denmark and the Netherlands.

Fear spread in other parts of the globe, much of it directed at Mexican nationals or those who have traveled to Mexico.

China quarantined more than 70 Mexican travelers in hospitals and hotels there, and Mexicans on arriving flights were being taken into isolation, said Mexico's ambassador, Jorge Guajardo. Even the Mexican consul in Guangzhou was briefly held after returning from a vacation in Cambodia, Guajardo said.

"In many cases we have gotten reports that they were being quarantined for the sole fact that they had a Mexican passport, whether or not they came from Mexico, whether or not they had been in Mexico, whether or not they had been in contact with someone else from Mexico," Guajardo said.

Hong Kong isolated 350 people in a hotel after a Mexican traveler there was determined to have the swine flu.

In Trinidad, crew aboard a Mexican tanker had been isolated since Friday at the Point Lisas Port. The Ministry of Health said Sunday they were tested and cleared of any flu infection and that the vessel was expected to be released.

Health officials around the world cautioned that despite encouraging signs, swine flu still poses a very real threat.

"Most experts would agree that the current outbreak that we are experiencing is mild to moderate in severity," Dr. Jon Andrus of the Pan American Health Organization said in a teleconference from Washington. "That is not to say that things cannot change very rapidly and very dramatically."

Under one scenario, the virus could peter out now, only to roar back in the fall when flu seasons begins. That's why health officials are watching the Southern Hemisphere so closely.

"Certainly, maybe, this current round of activity has peaked, but we are only 10 days into this outbreak," WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl told reporters in Switzerland. "I think we would want to wait a while before making a definitive decision."

___

Associated Press writers contributing to this report included Christopher Bodeen in Beijing, Bradley S. Klapper in Zurich and Alexandra Olson, Paul Haven and E. Eduardo Castillo in Mexico City.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 PM

The WHO reports that 2 billion people could be infected by the SWINE virus over the next couple of years, but they won't show any symptoms.

Huh?

No symptoms, but they're infected!?!

Sorry, but you can't have an INFECTION and not know it.

An infection indicates symptoms!

Excerpt:

"I don't think the 2 billion figure should scare people because it's not as though 2 billion people are going to die. The prediction from WHO is that 2 billion people might catch it. Half of those people won't show any symptoms. Or if they show any symptoms, they will be so mild they will hardly know they've had it."

Gee.

Maybe we should all start wearing face masks to protect ourselves from becomming infected with the Swine flu because, afterall, if we do become infected with the Swine flu, according to the WHO, we probably won't show any signs of being infected and/or if we do show symptoms, they'll be so slight, we won't even know we're infected.

HUH!?!

Yeah.

Makes perfect sense.

WHO: Up to 2 billion people might get swine flu

WHO: Up to 2 billion people might get swine flu

AP – By ALEXANDER G. HIGGINS and ELIANE ENGELER,
Associated Press Writers Alexander G. Higgins And Eliane Engeler,
Associated Press Writers – Thu May 7, 9:22 pm ET

GENEVA – Up to 2 billion people could be infected by swine flu if the current outbreak turns into a pandemic lasting two years, the World Health Organization said Thursday. WHO flu chief Keiji Fukuda said the historical record of flu pandemics indicates one-third of the world's population gets infected in such outbreaks. Independent experts agreed that the estimate was possible but pointed out that many would not show any symptoms.

In Mexico, the hardest hit country so far, high schools and universities opened for the first time in two weeks as the government's top health official insisted the epidemic is on the decline. All students were checked for swine flu symptoms and some were sent home.

"If we do move into a pandemic, then our expectation is that we will see a large number of people infected worldwide," Fukuda said. "If you look at past pandemics, it would be a reasonable estimate to say perhaps a third of the world's population would get infected with this virus."

With the current total population of more than 6 billion, that would mean an infection total of 2 billion, he said, but added that the world has changed since pandemics of earlier generations, and experts are unable to predict if the impact will be greater or smaller.

"We don't really know." said Fukuda. "This is a benchmark from the past. Please do not interpret this as a prediction for the future."

Chris Smith, at flu virologist at Cambridge University in England, said the 2 billion estimate was possible.

"That doesn't sound too outlandish to me for the simple reason that this is a very infectious virus," Smith told The Associated Press. "You're talking about a virus that no one in the population has seen before and therefore everyone is immunologically vulnerable. Therefore it's highly likely that once it starts to spread, people will catch it. And since the majority of the world's population are in contact with one another, you're going to get quite a lot of spread."

John Oxford, professor of virology at St. Bart's and Royal London Hospital, agreed.

"I don't think the 2 billion figure should scare people because it's not as though 2 billion people are going to die. The prediction from WHO is that 2 billion people might catch it. Half of those people won't show any symptoms. Or if they show any symptoms, they will be so mild they will hardly know they've had it."

Fukuda said it also is impossible to say if the current strain of swine flu will become severe or mild, but that even with a mild flu, "from the global perspective there are still very large numbers of people who could develop pneumonia, require respirators, who could die."

A mild outbreak in wealthier countries can be "quite severe in its impact in the developing world," Fukuda said.

People react differently to the flu depending on their general state of health and other factors, he said. Some younger people in the Southern Hemisphere may be more vulnerable because of poor diet, war, HIV infections and other factors.

"We expect this kind of event to unfold over weeks and months," Fukuda said. "Really if you look over a two-year period that is really the period in which you see an increase in the number of illnesses and deaths during a pandemic influenza."

So far the swine flu virus has spread to 26 countries. Brazil and Argentina on Thursday became the second and third countries in South America to announce confirmed cases.

Mexican dance halls, movie theaters and bars were allowed to fully reopen Thursday after a five-day shutdown designed to curb the virus' spread. Businesses must screen for any sick customers, and restaurant employees must wear surgical masks.

Fans can attend professional soccer matches this weekend after all were played in empty stadiums last weekend.

Mexico confirmed two more deaths, for a total of 44, while 1,160 people have been sickened, up 90 from Wednesday. Despite death tolls and confirmed caseloads that rise daily, Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova insisted the epidemic is waning in Mexico.

WHO raised its global total of laboratory-confirmed cases to 2,099, from 1,893 late Wednesday, and said swine flu also has caused two deaths in the United States.

This swine flu seems to have a long incubation period — five to seven days before people notice symptoms, according to Dr. Marc-Alain Widdowson, a medical epidemiologist from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now tracking the flu in Mexico City. That means the virus can keep being spread by people who won't know to stay home.

Laughing and joking, high school students gathered at the entrance of the National School of Graphic Arts in Mexico City, waiting to fill out forms that asked about their health.

Of 280 students entering the school in the first 20 minutes, two showed symptoms of swine flu, including coughing and nasal congestion, said assistant principal Ana Maria Calvo Vega. Their parents were notified and they won't be readmitted without a statement from a doctor saying they don't have the virus, she said.

Students at a Mexico City vocational high school were welcomed with a hand sanitizer and a surgical mask. Joyful to see each other again, students embraced and kissed — some through masks.

But some worried that the virus could surge back once young people gather in groups again.

"My 17-year-old daughter is afraid. She knows she must go back but doesn't want to," said Silvia Mendez as she walked with her 4-year-old son, Enrique, in San Miguel Topilejo, a town perched in forested mountains near the capital.

Working parents have struggled to provide child care during the shutdown. It forced many to stay home from work, bring their youngsters to their jobs, or leave them at home.

Each school, Mexican officials said, had to be cleaned and inspected this week. Complicating the task: Many schools are primitive buildings with dirt floors and lack proper bathrooms. It was unclear how students attending those schools could adhere to the government's strict sanitary conditions.

The government promised detergent, chlorine, trash bags, anti-bacterial soap or antiseptic gel and face masks to state governments for delivery to public schools. But some local districts apparently didn't get the word.

U.S. health officials are no longer recommending that schools close because of suspected swine flu cases since the virus has turned out to be milder than initially feared. But many U.S. schools have done so anyway, including the school of a Texas teacher who died.

In Asia, top health officials said the region must remain vigilant over the threat of swine flu, stepping up cooperation to produce vaccines and bolstering meager anti-viral stockpiles.

The virus has so far largely spared Asia. Only South Korea and Hong Kong have confirmed cases. On Thursday, China and Hong Kong released dozens of people quarantined over suspected contact with one of the region's few swine flu carriers.

Experience has been the spur to WHO to make sure the world is as prepared as possible for a pandemic, which would be indicated by a rise to phase 6 from the current phase 5 in the agency's alert scale. That would mean general spread of the disease in another region beyond North America, where the outbreak so far has been heaviest.

"I'm not quite sure we know if we're going to phase six or not or when we would do so," Fukuda said. "It's really impossible for anybody to predict right now."

Officials said the agency was likely to shorten its annual meeting of its 193 member states later this month from 10 days to five because of the outbreak, which it was scheduled to discuss.

"That is under consideration," Fukuda said. "Sure it is possible."

____

Contributions from AP Medical Writer Maria Cheng in London and Associated Press writers Andrew O. Selsky in Mexico City and Michael Casey in Bangkok.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-08-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:18 AM
I work for God

Quote:
David Batty
guardian.co.uk, Friday 8 May 2009 12.58 BST

British scientists crack swine flu code as world tally rises to 2,384

Mapping of virus's genetic code will aid creation of vaccine
Mexico worst affected, with 1,112 cases and 42 deaths
British scientists crack swine flu code as world tally rises to 2,384 | World news | guardian.co.uk

This thing is just getting started. It's amazing how easily the wool is pulled over the
sheeps eyes.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:24 AM
I work for God

When I started this thread, about two weeks ago, there were about 100 cases

In 2 week, the flu spread by 20 fold

That means, at that rate of spread, in a month from now, there will be around 200,000 cases

2 months, 20,000,000. It's growing at an exponential rate because it is very contagious.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 PM

Bump.