Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Let me ask one question of the anti-religious . . .

DC...

Thought I'd read this thread for a while, before responding. I will try and answer your questions honestly.

1. I am not against religious discussion whatsoever. Why I am against is when someone keeps judging me to hell because I don't believe what they believe. I am for dishing back slop do those who would serve it up. I don't have a high tolerance for those who would play God.

I will use maddy as an example. She always suports what she says through scripture and doesn't try to dictate at all. I have noticed many people being able to type, being greatly influenced by their faith and God and yet, they haven't been all trapped up in religious dogma, condemning others to hell in this forum.

I honestly feel that quite a few threads have been sabotaged through religious idiocy. I see no faith nor God in politically correct religious smiting of others. It's just not cool.

3. This site stands for open conversation and will obviously tolerate all the zealots that come along, just like in life, I guess. Everyone is free to be who they want, supposedly. And that does not give any person the right of soul condemnation.

I don't know what the answer is to this question. The one thing I do know is that if people can dish it out, they should be able to take it.

Me. I sometimes bite back, no doubt. Then if it continues, I will walk away. Simple as. I might choose to fight back if I care, and when I walk away it is because I no longer care enough to bother fighting.

I love to learn about people's faiths and religions. I really do. It's the pricks who like to hide behind religion, that I don't like and I believe I have openly displayed that disaffection.

If I haven't answered your questions or you have anymore, please ask away freely.

I will type what I honestly feel and when I feel I cannot, I will leave the forum; for me, there will be no point in staying.

2. Am I bad? Perhaps in some people's eyes. I have visited other forums where the heavy religious judging was left to the specific religious threads and found faith and God throughout many posts sans a dictator style of religious BS.

Plain and simple, I believe their are religious disruptors at this site and they are hiding behind religion. Period. Anyone else can choose to believe whatever they want. For me personally, it puts me off the forum when it is constantly religion, religion, religion, religion, religion.
Why can't it be people of great faith discussing many things alongside religion, without all the judge and jurying?

It doesn't appear that religion is drawing this forum any closer and of course, I could be completely mistaken.

For me, this site is my getaway and the religious zealots are not whom I chose to associate within cyber space. To be brutally honest, they amuse and annoy me.

Mary XXX

Old 01-13-2005, 11:40 PM

Quote:
For me, this site is my getaway and the religious zealots are not whom I chose to associate within cyber space. To be brutally honest, they amuse and annoy me.
I agree, Mary, but no matter what happens, this forum was a great start, and those of us still interested in its original purpose can find some other way to assemble with each other.
No disruptors will ever dissuade me from the truth again. Let them knock themselves out trying.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:06 AM

:-) I for one have no problem discussing religion DC.
I attend a small Pentecostal church among other things.The only difference in doctrine you might expect from me is that I am more interested in the Social justice side of religion than evangelical fundermentalism which i find actually contrary to christs spirit of contrition! :-)
Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 AM

Wow . . . great post Oz. Take the preaching out of it and what remains? The goal.

Personally, I'm tired of a certain few members trying to convert everybody by telling them they're going to hell if everyone else doesn't believe in what he/she believes. On that I can agree. I don't want to be told in what way I should worship, but I'd like to see all aspects of life through all aspects of politics and religions without being told I'm hopeless of being saved. The beliefs of others must be concluded by the individual. And to be told you're going to hell because you don't believe in God in the right way makes that person as much of a blasphemer as the man who scared the children with his sermons were.

This should not be a place of evengelism . . . but we should all look to God to assist us in making the right choices.

And, may I add, that there is one person I'm SICK and TIRED of, telling me that there is only one way to God, period. Each individual has had different experiences and is an organism unto his/herself. Each person must find God in his or her own way, and a self proclaimed messenger cannot be the sole basis for a change in one's beliefs. Let me explain this.

I had asked a member in a PM to explain a certain aspect of his/her beliefs. The responses I got were in a condition based reply, If I wanted to learn about this aspect, I should convert altogether. It sounded like the equivalent of a fucking army recruitment video. I don't try to PUSH my views on others . . . if I seem like I do, I appologize . . . I just try to explain my point of view. And I understand that sometimes I can get overzealous about it . . . I've been trying to keep that in check. Freedom of religion does not mean that you can scare people into believing what you think is right . . . that's propoganda.

And I do believe that we have a muslim propaganda artist in here . . . but at least what he/she's pushing, although contrary to my personal beliefs, isn't a violent belief.

And to that person I say:

DON'T TELL ME THAT I'M WRONG, AND THAT I'M GOING TO HELL BECAUSE IT IS YOUR PERSONAL BELIEF! DO NOT JUDGE ME, YOU SMUG FEAR-MONGER! THIS IS THE SAME METHODS THAT THE HATE-MONGERS OVER IN THE MIDDLE EAST USE TO GET PEOPLE TO RUN INTO A SKYSCRAPER WITH A PLANE!

Other than that, you're good people . . . and still have my respect of you and your beliefs . . . but obviously not your interpersonal skills.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[size=large]Making Dreams And Nightmares a Virtual Reality.[/size]
Professor Otto von Schnitzelpusskrankengescheitmeyer
Old 01-18-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Welp

Billi, you were the nicest of all.

We love you in Him my friend. ((((((billiard))))) sister hugs

Give dark a hug for us, and don't forget to tell him about the Saviour :-)

dark, stay sweet and fight the good fight, people are frail, but not to be feared :-) His love to you..Please give kind regards to rush and ephesians too ;-)
and thank them for me sincerely.

Hey you guys, today is a very special day, and week I might add, as some have strived to very much become like gods and have acheived it! What blessed irony!

This two weeks has them speaking like Him in the most profound way, for when it comes to 'me' and talk on 'myself' they can proudly declare:

"I never knew you"

Lynn

*sound of door closing*

*click*

No need to check your pm's

Lynn has left the building.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Religion in this Forum ?

One of the basics of real Christianity is that you can't force belief in anyone. There are two interpretations on this issue: Calvinism, which says that God chooses who will believe, and Arminianism, which says that men has the free will to choose to believe. In either current, no man can force anyone to be a christian !

Christians are supposed to bring the good news of the sacrifice of Christ for our sins. (Gospel=good news). It is up to you to accept that or not.

Anyway, Christians believe that all men were made in the image of God and deserve respect and consideration as human beings. Jesus told His followers to LOVE their enemies.

That's it. Very simple, indeed.

I guess in this forum we should be able to expose our thoughts with respect. It is impossible for a Christian not to mention religion in the discussion of world domination because our religion has an explanation for End Times. Anyway, I can't force this explanation on anyone.

However, there are facts that are obvious for anyone. NWO, fascism, secret societies. These should be subjects of discussion in the forum regardless of religion.

All the best for all.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Religion in this Forum ?