Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
What makes you so certain there wasn't a big flood mankind has been able to preserve in its tales by means of oral tradition for thousands of years. Wouldn't the end of the last ice age around 12500 years ago have caused a lot of giant floods all over the world? Couldn't it be possible humans could pass the knowledge of those floods for thousands of years without the written word? I don't know....... But is it impossible? I don't think so. Hell, can we even be certain there had never been any written language before 5000 years ago?
Well, for one where is it? We have a fairly advanced civilization. Look at all of the technology and material that we would leave behind if we vanished suddenly. I am fairly certain the Aluminum shell of the laptop I am typeing on would survive damn near anything, even though the guts of it would be pretty useless in a 1000 years.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Well, for one where is it?
I don't know. Some suggest we look at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean, others suggest we look beneath the ice of Antarctica. There are numerous different theories that haven't sufficiently been tested yet.

Quote:
We have a fairly advanced civilization. Look at all of the technology and material that we would leave behind if we vanished suddenly. I am fairly certain the Aluminum shell of the laptop I am typeing on would survive damn near anything, even though the guts of it would be pretty useless in a 1000 years.
Many sources place the end of the lost advanced civilisation at the end of the last ice age or about 12500 years ago. Many materials could have been reused by later cultures or disappeared due to corrosion. If the culture in question really submerged, it's also possible a lot of technology is now at the bottom of the ocean. We're left with speculation since we can only guess what materials this civilisation used (assuming such a civilisation existed in the first place).
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Well, for one where is it? We have a fairly advanced civilization. Look at all of the technology and material that we would leave behind if we vanished suddenly. I am fairly certain the Aluminum shell of the laptop I am typeing on would survive damn near anything, even though the guts of it would be pretty useless in a 1000 years.
Yeah, so called advanced civilzation? PAH! they couldn't even come up with metals that don't rust away. It's all bollocks in a sack. Of course all the Illuminati have the metal. They use it in their underground child abuse clinics. Or maybe they fire it at JFK's head in a time loop in another dimension!!!!!!!!!!!

>>Many materials could have been reused by later cultures or disappeared due to corrosion. If the culture in question really submerged, it's also possible a lot of technology is now at the bottom of the ocean.

Yes, the spacemen kindly brushed all the laptops and laser guns into the ocean because they didn't want the future people to know they existed, for some bizarre reason. Just like God plants fake dinosaur bones to test us.

Last edited by albie : 10-27-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
Yeah, so called advanced civilzation? PAH! they couldn't even come up with metals that don't rust away.

[poor attempt at humour and other pointless nonsense]....[/poor attempt at humour and other pointless nonsense]

Yes, the spacemen kindly brushed all the laptops and laser guns into the ocean because they didn't want the future people to know they existed, for some bizarre reason. Just like God plants fake dinosaur bones to test us.
During the last few decades, we see a shift towards biodegradable materials and recycling. A highly advanced civilisation in the past could have made the same choices and gone beyond. All we have to judge their level of civilisation are a bunch of anarchronistic technological anomalies scattered throughout the world among later civilisations (eg. evidence of travel between the Americas and respectively Europe and Africa prior to Columbus, incredible astronomical knowledge among primitive African tribes or Mayans, incredible accuracy when moving giant stone monoliths, aluminum objects of 3000 years old, etc.).
Old 10-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Woo Nemesis

I love the old line about the "myterious" stone moving abilities of ancient peoples. The same arguments were used for the guy that built Coral Castle. Is it any wonder that peoples who had only stone for use as a building material gained expertise in its employment? And is it any wonder that as technology improved and materials changed, that these techniques were lost due to obsolescence? There does not need to be a magical font of knowledge for this to be true, and in my opinion it is the more likely alternative.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
I love the old line about the "myterious" stone moving abilities of ancient peoples. The same arguments were used for the guy that built Coral Castle. Is it any wonder that peoples who had only stone for use as a building material gained expertise in its employment? And is it any wonder that as technology improved and materials changed, that these techniques were lost due to obsolescence?
Not really. What is bizarre, however, is the amazing precision of some of these constructions, the intricate use of hidden entrances and/or their allignment with certain stars (for astrological purposes). I'm thinking first and foremost of the Gizah pyramid but also of certain constructions in South-America (like Tihuanacu) or other parts of the world.

Other historical anomalies are traces of the coca plant in remnants from ancient Egypt, traces of black and white people in pre-Columbian South-America, traces of white people in pre-Marco Polo Tibet and Mongolia, the similarity between complex building methods of Romans and South-American cultures, the parallels between Vedic philosophy and both astronomy and quantum physics, knowledge of Sirius B by the Dogon tribe, etc. There are a lot of anarchronistic anomalies for which traditional archeology and historical research have no answer yet.

Quote:
There does not need to be a magical font of knowledge for this to be true, and in my opinion it is the more likely alternative.
I'm not questioning the ancient Egyptians or Mayas had advanced building techniques that were lost. I'm questioning the supposition that these building techniques were orriginal rather than borrowed from an older more advanced civilisation. If only we had a fraction of insight in all the wisdom and knowledge once stored in the library of Alexandria.....
Old 10-28-2009, 05:13 AM

>>During the last few decades, we see a shift towards biodegradable materials and recycling.

That's US. In time we will make computers that never break and buildings that never fall down and clothes that never fall apart.THAT'S more environmentally sound than recycling and biodegradable materials. I don't see any Atlantian slacks around here, do you?

As for the rest of it. Pul-ease! Why does ALL conspiracy theory rely on grey info? And why do you CHOOSE to believe it isn't grey?

Because a world without conspiracy and the Illuminati and aliens would be death to you. You WANT it all to be true. You WANT child eating lizards in your world. Think about that for a minute. WHO would want that? Admit it. You get hot when you read a new conspiracy theory. You LOVE it. it's not "Oh no, this is horrible! It's "Oh my God the world is SO much more enjoyable now it's more like a film. More! MORE!" Then you can't get enough. You want worser and worser stuff. It doesn't matter how bad the evidence is. So long as there's 0.000001 percent chance of it. Then you can slag off all the people who straight away see it as bullshit and pretend you are a warrior sent to save the world.

Last edited by albie : 10-28-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 AM

David Icke complains that people don't read his books before dismissing them. HAHAHAH! I wonder why. The man has no sense of absurdity any more. Of course, if you sent him a 300 page manuscript of your own ideas and research he would toss it away without reading it - if it didn't support his view of the world. Because HIS view is real.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
That's US. In time we will make computers that never break and buildings that never fall down and clothes that never fall apart.
That's unlikely, as it would halt the economy. In fact, modern capitalism actually leads to a DECREASE in quality of materials and construction because poor quality are cheaper and also because a lower lifespan of appliances and other products lead to greater consumption and therefore greater profit. Cars, radios, televisions and many other appliances have become LESS durable during the last decades as a consequence of this process.

Quote:
THAT'S more environmentally sound than recycling and biodegradable materials.
Not only is this contrary to the workings of the capitalist system, I'm pretty sure most people just don't want to use clothers or televisions that are 50 years old either because technology has moved on or just because it's second hand.

Quote:
I don't see any Atlantian slacks around here, do you?
?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
David Icke complains that people don't read his books before dismissing them.
I can't say I've read his books, but I've seen enough of his video material to dismiss at least 50% of his claims as pure speculation or plain rubbish.

Quote:
Of course, if you sent him a 300 page manuscript of your own ideas and research he would toss it away without reading it - if it didn't support his view of the world. Because HIS view is real.
Do you have a point? I'm pretty sure your reaction would be pretty much the same if I sent you a 300 page manuscript (with source references of course) to explain my view of the world.