Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

A few other reviews of The Tao of Physics :

Quote:
"A brilliant best-seller. . . . Lucidly analyzes the tenets of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism to show their striking parallels with the latest discoveries in cyclotrons."—New York Magazine
Quote:
"A pioneering book of real value and wide appeal."—Washington Post
Quote:
"Fritjof Capra, in The Tao of Physics , seeks . . . an integration of the mathematical world view of modern physics and the mystical visions of Buddha and Krishna. Where others have failed miserably in trying to unite these seemingly different world views, Capra, a high-energy theorist, has succeeded admirably. I strongly recommend the book to both layman and scientist."—V. N. Mansfield, Physics Today
Quote:
"I have been reading the book with amazement and the greatest interest, recommending it to everyone I meet, and as often as possible, in my lectures. I think [Capra has] done a magnificent and extremely important job."—Joseph Campbell
Quote:
Fritjof Capra's The Tao of Physics is a unique combination of inspiration and rationality, of spiritual vision and the spirit of scientific inquiry. Mystical poetry and scientific formulae easily meet, cross and merge into an organic whole in this book.
In Part one of the book Capra takes off from a turning point that modern new physics has arrived at, which is a recognition of consciousness. He proceeds to explore the various meeting points of modern scientific 'visions' with the ancient wisdom of Hinduism, Chinese thought, Zen and Buddhism in the second part. The final phase of the book easily shatters the age old dichotomy of matter and spirit promoted by Enlightenment thought and gives science a human face and spirituality a scientific explanation.
Capra effectively proves that a dichotomous view of the universe where spirit was seen outside the matter, more from a Newtonian angle, has led to insensitivity and exploitation at various levels of human life. To re-establish this contact, Capra's link is the Relativity Theory, which continue to inspire many a scientist even to this day. On reading these chapters in the last part of the book, the relativity theory and pages from the Yoga Vasishta or Yoga Sutras sound one and the same. The book reads like a formulaic transcription of the Yoga Sutras. But what makes the book different from an esoteric scientific treatise is that it speaks with a heart--in other words with a perfect balance between the left and right side of the brain. Conversely, Capra's style and language makes Modern Physics well within our reach and understanding.
The Tao of Physics is sheer experience. Capra also establishes that every invention in Science is like a Cosmic experience. The book in essence reveals the third eye of our scientific community. The book makes us wish if only our science text books in schools and colleges could provide us with this experience. —Sandhya Gopakumaran

Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
It was recommended to me by one of the wisest people I've ever met and he did read the book.

I try to read as much as possible, but I can't read everything. You rely on the word of someone who read the book yet you consider my arguments invaluable because I do the same. Isn't that pretty hypocritical?!?

What for?
>>You rely on the word of someone who read the book yet you consider my arguments invaluable because I do the same. Isn't that pretty hypocritical?!?

I based my evidence on an actual quote from the book. You can't even do that. But if me not reading the book means I cannot talk about it then why don't you, as someone who hasn't read the book either, not talk about it too?

>>It was recommended to me by one of the wisest people I've ever met and he did read the book.

Oh, wise, eh? Well that's convinced me. Apologise for wasting my time.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
>>You rely on the word of someone who read the book yet you consider my arguments invaluable because I do the same. Isn't that pretty hypocritical?!?
No. I try to check out books recommended to me if they are available to me, regardless of whether they're recommended to me by someone who shares my position or someone who oposes it. You seem to be only interested in books that already support your position.

Quote:
I based my evidence on an actual quote from the book. You can't even do that.
To celebrate India's connection to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) Experiment, India's Department of Atomic Energy gifted a two-metre bronze statue of Nataraja (Dancing Shiva ) to CERN on June 18, 2004 with a plaque that had the following lines of Fritjof Capra engraved on it.

Quote:
"Modern physics had shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter. For modern physicists...Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

- Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics.
Quote:
But if me not reading the book means I cannot talk about it then why don't you, as someone who hasn't read the book either, not talk about it too?
You can never judge a book based on quote-mining alone.

I should read the book, though, however it's not highest on my reading list. In fact, I only just started reading The Diversity Myth.

Quote:
>>It was recommended to me by one of the wisest people I've ever met and he did read the book.

Oh, wise, eh? Well that's convinced me. Apologise for wasting my time.
Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Woo Nemesis

You will like it. Political correctness has run amok in this country, and Europe is taking it even further.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:21 AM

>>Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?

Never an ENTIRE BOOK. Quote-mining is unreliable? So you are saying you are not going to read it and find a quote that backs up the book's premise? I think you CANNOT. I think you have been looking through and find nothing that strays from the boundaries of ambiguity. It is all ambiguous. Ambiguity;the food of the agenda-driven.

>>"Modern physics had shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter. For modern physicists...Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

Oh, but we have this. Which proves nothing and is vague as I expected.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 AM

You complain that debunkers are nasty to you? And you go and do something like this? It is the absolute major big rule that you do not post evidence you haven't checked. LAZINESSS. Unforgivable. I would put forward the notion that you deserved any bad reaction from debunkers.

You are typical of conspiracy theorists. I wouldn't be able to say that if you had read the book you extolled as evidence.

Your credability is shot. Accept it.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
You will like it. Political correctness has run amok in this country, and Europe is taking it even further.
Absolutely !

Quote:
>>Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?

Never an ENTIRE BOOK. Quote-mining is unreliable? So you are saying you are not going to read it and find a quote that backs up the book's premise?
I already told you I do have a copy of the book and it's on my reading list.

Quote:
I think you CANNOT. I think you have been looking through and find nothing that strays from the boundaries of ambiguity. It is all ambiguous. Ambiguity;the food of the agenda-driven.
I'm at my girlfriend's now. I'll be back home on Sunday. If you wish, I can try to find a quote that isn't ambiguous

Quote:
You complain that debunkers are nasty to you? And you go and do something like this? It is the absolute major big rule that you do not post evidence you haven't checked. LAZINESSS. Unforgivable. I would put forward the notion that you deserved any bad reaction from debunkers.
I admit that I should have read the book first before referencing it. It's not because of laziness, though. Out of the hundreds of books in my collection, I simply have to be selective since I can't read them all.

Also, it is usually the areas where I've done most research where "debunkers" show most nasty behaviour as they tend to get nasty when they're out of arguments and they realise there's no way to disprove what I'm saying.

Quote:
You are typical of conspiracy theorists. I wouldn't be able to say that if you had read the book you extolled as evidence.
I guess you've read the NIST report, the Warren Comission Report and other common debunker references from cover to cover?!?

Quote:
Your credability is shot. Accept it.
ROFL
Old 11-13-2009, 03:48 AM

>>I guess you've read the NIST report, the Warren Comission Report and other common debunker references from cover to cover?!?

No, a "wiseman" did all that for me and he told it was all fine and dandy.

Garret did all that and all he came up with is making Tommy Lee Jones wear a fag wig.

My point being is that if there is anything to a conspiracy it does make it to the mainstream media. You guys just have a very bad sense of what makes evidence. You have nothing worth hearing.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:52 AM

Besides. You are the one who makes the accusations therefore YOU provide the evidence. And me not reading everything doesn't make it alright for you to not read everything.

I don't need to read anything but what you lay before me. That's how it works. Lay it on me and I will look at it. If it is crap I will deem it so. YOU do all the ground work.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
My point being is that if there is anything to a conspiracy it does make it to the mainstream media.
That might have been the case if the mainstream media was actually objective and free, but this is obviously not the case.

Quote:
Besides. You are the one who makes the accusations therefore YOU provide the evidence.
So because your views are mainstream, you don't have to prove anything? Is that what you're implying here?

Quote:
And me not reading everything doesn't make it alright for you to not read everything.
Considering this is something I do in my spare time and I actually do have a life, there's no way you can expect me to read everything. I try to read as much as possible but I'm only human.

Quote:
I don't need to read anything but what you lay before me. That's how it works. Lay it on me and I will look at it. If it is crap I will deem it so. YOU do all the ground work.
Have you read ANY of the sourcs I've referred to thusfar?!?