Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronut View Post
That would separate the trolls from the sincere.
Yeah, I've followed this thread because (yeah, its kinda fun), I'm trying to determine if gale is sincere...or just trolling. Someone in my office is really into conspiracies, and we debate (friendly) all the time. It seems to me that there is a fundamental difference in the way I (who is generally skeptical) and he (as a "conspiracy theorist) evaluate and process facts, data and draw conclusions. I'm not trying to assigna value of one being better than the other, just trying to understand how people come to "believe" something.

I found this thread (and site) via a great site called Fundies Say the Darndest Things. Gale got himself featured in the conspiracy area.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0ND View Post
Yes! Great place to start. For what purpose? Don't just talk about the billions of dollars. You could perform other, simpler hoaxes to get billions of dollars. Simpler hoaxes that could not be discovered and the plot revealed by a dude with a telescope out in his back yard.
GROND the point I made abundantly clear in my original post was that NASA is a Trojan Horse set up by Nazis.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
In my experience Astronut they either always cut to the interviewer or some cheap special effects have been used such as all being seated with brylcreem in their hair to make it look like its floating in zero 'g'.
In my experience, they don't always cut to interviewers, and anyone looking with a shred of honesty can tell their hair is naturally floating; it isn't stiff, it's floating. You can also see the effects of zero-g in the way the microphone and its cord are constantly floating, especially as they pass the mic. But hey, my experience has also shown me beautiful detail on ISS itself, so I should just let you get back to wallowing in your ignorance since you can't disprove my images and videos are real.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
GROND the point I made abundantly clear in my original post was that NASA is a Trojan Horse set up by Nazis.
Nazis....yes I went back and re-read you original post and you are absolutely correct, you did explain all that about the Nazis. How could I have missed the Nazis...

Galexander, I'm sure you a very nice person. As for the theory proposed, a hoax involving the ISS and the US Space shuttle, perpetuated by a cabal of underground Nazis, I remain unconvinced.

Call me stubborn. If you’re receptive to such counsel, I've noticed on this very small thread, on this little website, that you have failed to convince the three people actively participating. You approach and data may require refinement to bring this, obviously important message, to the public as a whole.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0ND View Post
Yes! Great place to start. For what purpose? Don't just talk about the billions of dollars. You could perform other, simpler hoaxes to get billions of dollars. Simpler hoaxes that could not be discovered and the plot revealed by a dude with a telescope out in his back yard.
Wait!

Does Gale propose that the ISS and Space Shuttle are a hoax because of what he views and/or does not view through the telescope in this back yard?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Wait!

Does Gale propose that the ISS and Space Shuttle are a hoax because of what he views and/or does not view through the telescope in this back yard?

Indeed, which makes one wonder why he's unable to produce images or videos proving any of this, all while claiming that I fake mine. Even if he doesn't have the necessary equipment to photograph it, thousands of other amateurs do, and simple webcam style imagers are extremely cheap anyway. Yet in spite of all of this, I don't see any other amateur complaining to the rest of us that the ISS looks completely wrong in their telescope, let alone providing images that prove it or accusing us all of forging our results. The inability to properly see ISS does not prove that it doesn't exist, especially when everyone else IS able to see it just fine. If I met him at a star party during an ISS pass I could easily show the station or even use my video camera to get his telescope to produce a recognizable image of it, if it's really the 6" reflector he claims it is. The problem with a negative result is that it includes the possibility of operator error, and when you have so many others all producing repeatable positive results, it's the only logical conclusion left.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Wait!

Unfortunately, yes. This whole situation could probably be put to rest with a small bottle of Windex.

But from reading Mr. Alexander's other posts, I'm getting the impression he may believe that space flight is not even possible. So I'm curious about the Apollo moon landings, other space programs, geocentric theories and flat earth.

Those Nazis have been around a long time and I'm sure they've been up to absolutely no good. Stink'in Nazis.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
In my experience, they don't always cut to interviewers, and anyone looking with a shred of honesty can tell their hair is naturally floating; it isn't stiff, it's floating. You can also see the effects of zero-g in the way the microphone and its cord are constantly floating, especially as they pass the mic.
Astronut, can I ask you to quote your source of reference on this one please if I am to give it further comment.

Quote:
But from reading Mr. Alexander's other posts, I'm getting the impression he may believe that space flight is not even possible. So I'm curious about the Apollo moon landings, other space programs, geocentric theories and flat earth.
Saying space flight is impossible per se is different from suggesting it is technically extremely difficult and that it has been hoaxed for dishonest reasons. It is the latter view I hold and not the former.

Look at the old Gemini photographs supposedly taken from Earth orbit. In many of these photos the land is uniformly brown throughout. Africa is shown as uniformly brown throughout but what about the lush jungle of the Congo Basin? And north of Africa is a perfectly brown Europe and a brown UK. How do you explain this? Are the colours on these photos not real and if so why? We have never been told the colours on these photos are false.

Last edited by galexander : 08-13-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Astronut, can I ask you to quote your source of reference on this one please if I am to give it further comment.
Well I don't normally take formal notes when I watch NASA TV, I just watch it like most people watch sports. I've seen prolonged uncut interviews like that on multiple missions. I'll often put it on during lunch on the weekends when I'm working. Usually I'm mostly done eating by the time they end the interview and cut to a new shot. Shortly before STS-127 I watched a very long video tour of ISS where the astronaut flew through the entire station and updated mission control on the status of every nook without a single camera cut.

Nicole Stott has decently long hair, so if they do an interview with the crew of STS-128 on orbit before she gets transferred to the station I'll be sure to let you know the video's identifier etc. At other times I've watched prolonged shots of people working inside ISS, just floating at a workstation for minutes at a time before they cut to another "boring" shot. If I see that again I'll be sure to let you know as well.
Quote:
Saying space flight is impossible per se is different from suggesting it is technically extremely difficult and that it has been hoaxed for dishonest reasons. It is the latter view I hold and not the former.
What do you make of people like me who have photographed the spacecraft and found them to be real though? Isn't it possible you just made a mistake?

Last edited by Astronut : 08-14-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Checking the internet I got the following on NASA TV:

Quote:
NASA TV's Public, Education and Media channels are available on an MPEG-2 digital C-band signal via satellite on AMC 6, Transponder 17C in continental North America. In Alaska and Hawaii, they're available on AMC 7, Transponder 18C. Analog NASA TV is no longer available.
Astronut, how did you receive NASA TV if it is no longer available to the general public?

The reason why I ask you to quote your source is because you appeared to be going entirely from memory. Sometimes memories are not accurate especially when they are constructed upon impressions and expectations. Also note in the following quote you use the expression "in my experience" indicating that there was possibly some reasonable doubt involved:

Quote:
In my experience, they don't always cut to interviewers, and anyone looking with a shred of honesty can tell their hair is naturally floating; it isn't stiff, it's floating. You can also see the effects of zero-g in the way the microphone and its cord are constantly floating, especially as they pass the mic.