Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 12:39 AM

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Right, you just said that I was unqualified to post any info on how rocketry works because I am not a "Rocket Scientist". Funny. Do you ever contribute any substantive rebuttals in any of your postings?
I never said that you are unqualified to post any information on how rocketry works.

I merely said that you aren't a Rocket Scientist.

I constantly contribute substantive rebuttals in my postings.

Funny!

What do you think I'm doing now?

Twiddling my thumbs?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Woo Nemesis

Seems like it. Its all circular with you.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Seems like it. Its all circular with you.
Not twiddling my thumbs here.

Posting substantive rebuttals that seem to have thrust you into a circular motion.

Dizzy yet?
Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Woo Nemesis

Kind of pointless seeing as you cant see "any benefits from the space station". Such short-sightedness is alarming. Perhaps you should google their press kit sometime. Well, goodnight, I am off to do some thing more productive....like my girlfriend.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Newton's Third Law of Motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Contained within the Third Law is also the law of the conservation of momentum.

As exhaust is thrust out of the back of the rocket this exhaust has a momentum which is equal to its mass multiplied by the exhaust velocity. It follows from this that the higher the exhaust velocity the greater the momentum of the rocket exhaust and hence the greater the thrust.

Because of Newton's Third Law half of the momentum of this rocket exhaust will be used to push the rocket in the opposite direction.

If you know the rocket's mass, the amount of fuel burnt per second and the exhaust velocity then you can calculate the rocket's gain in velocity per second interval which is also therefore equal to its acceleration.

Does this clear the issue up for you?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Newton's Third Law of Motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Contained within the Third Law is also the law of the conservation of momentum.

As exhaust is thrust out of the back of the rocket this exhaust has a momentum which is equal to its mass multiplied by the exhaust velocity. It follows from this that the higher the exhaust velocity the greater the momentum of the rocket exhaust and hence the greater the thrust.

Because of Newton's Third Law half of the momentum of this rocket exhaust will be used to push the rocket in the opposite direction.

If you know the rocket's mass, the amount of fuel burnt per second and the exhaust velocity then you can calculate the rocket's gain in velocity per second interval which is also therefore equal to its acceleration.

Does this clear the issue up for you?
No, but thanks for trying.

You receive an "A" for effort.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Woo Nemesis

If you cant understand that simple, clear explaination then you have no room criticizing.

Good job Galax!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:07 PM

I have a small observatory at home - can tell you that the ISS is a certainty.

You can see the ozone in pictures recorded by NASA from the shuttle.

What you have to also remember that cameras cannot determine light in the same way in space because light behaves different.

I the same sense a picture on the moon will not reveal any stars and if you try to take a picture of the night sky on earth with a standard camera - you will get nothing but black!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majick View Post
I have a small observatory at home - can tell you that the ISS is a certainty.

You can see the ozone in pictures recorded by NASA from the shuttle.

What you have to also remember that cameras cannot determine light in the same way in space because light behaves different.

I the same sense a picture on the moon will not reveal any stars and if you try to take a picture of the night sky on earth with a standard camera - you will get nothing but black!
You may be able to see some blue mist in some of the pictures from NASA but not all. I make this quite clear in my initial post. What I am saying is that you ought to see blue mist in ALL the pictures.

We can only take your word for it that you own an observatory and that you have clearly seen the ISS through your telescope.

As for light behaving differently in space I am genuinely baffled. However I would have thought an astronomer could have given a better explanation of what he was talking about in this regard.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Woo Nemesis

Talking Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
You may be able to see some blue mist in some of the pictures from NASA but not all. I make this quite clear in my initial post. What I am saying is that you ought to see blue mist in ALL the pictures.

We can only take your word for it that you own an observatory and that you have clearly seen the ISS through your telescope.

As for light behaving differently in space I am genuinely baffled. However I would have thought an astronomer could have given a better explanation of what he was talking about in this regard.
Its pretty simple to understand, if you ever did even minimal research. Ever notice the gold plated visors that astronauts wear? Why do you think that they have to wear those? It is because, unshielded by our atmosphere, the sun is easily quite bright enough to blind you right through your eyelids. In order to get descent pictures on the moon or in space you have to use a short exposure with a number of filters on the lens. Otherwise you would get a massive overexposure. The same would be true even with a CCD camera, in fact it would probably be worse, as the elements would quickly overcurrent and self destruct.