Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 PM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!


Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
You never once said anything about the blue fog surrounding the earth and not the ISS. Clearly you have no basic understanding of how light works. A bright object like the earth will shine right through the blue colour. Look at the moon during the day, shines through the blue.

http://www.amateurphotoart.com/pictures/fullsize/02-12-

You expect me to believe you about the UV light when you don't even understand this basic fact? How many people have you convinced, I wonder. Anyone? NASA are not stupid. if they wanted to fake photos they would be able to fool anyone. They would think to put the blue in. Why anyone would fake the ISS is beyond me. Why not just tell everyone that it is unfeasable because of the UV radiation? That would keep people out of space and save money.

The whole thing is a joke, and you have fallen for your own joke.
The Moon may well shine through the blue sky during the day but it is nothing at all compared to the Moon when seen at night. There IS a difference.

Look at the Moon not long after midday through a telescope (and I have) and it is a complete washout. You can hardly see any detail at all. The 'Seas' are full of blue fog and the whole image is obviously smothered in a blue fog.

The fact that the Moon looks so white during the day with the unaided eye is a trick of the eye. It only looks pure white compared to the surrounding blue.

Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 11-07-2010, 04:54 AM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
You said >>And how do explain the fact that the Sun's UV light can ionize atomic oxygen in the Earth's ionosphere and yet the energy it takes to ionize any atom far exceeds the bond energy of every chemical bond known to man?

That is clearly suggesting that EVERY CHEMICAL BOND KNOWN TO MAN cannot be ionized.

Your words.

Or you are saying that the ionization of UV light HAPPENS but it SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. Make up your mind.

And prove to me how you come to the conclusion that "the energy it takes to ionize any atom far exceeds the bond energy of every chemical bond known to man?"

AND AGAIN WHY ARE YOU NOT POSTING THIS ON A SCIENCE FORUM?

FEAR?
In answer to your question albie, I have recently registered with "Physics Forums" to discuss my views on physics and I was banned the very next day and all my posts removed.

The explanation I was given was that I am a "crackpot".
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Astronut Astronut is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 41
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Of course there are many telescopes out there like mine but the ISS is not an easy object to look at and not everyone even bothers to try. Ideally you need computerized tracking and I don't know how well the system works for fast moving objects like the ISS never having used it myself.
It works just fine:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/...fd27fe75_z.jpg
ISS tracking starts about 34 minutes into the video:
Venus and ISS, Recorded on 11/22/2010 Astronut on USTREAM. Educational
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 AM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronut View Post
So why is it if you use manual tracking (which isn't updated over the internet) you see a perfectly round object?

You can't satisfactorily explain this can you?

And no, my telescope was not out of focus. I checked the focus and besides an object which is out of focus reveals a very definite pattern to it. If you look a distant aircraft in daylight hours, say through binoculars, and then change the focus so the object becomes blurred, it will not change to a perfectly round ball, far from it.

Never.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Astronut Astronut is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 41
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
So why is it if you use manual tracking (which isn't updated over the internet) you see a perfectly round object?
You can't possibly be tracking ISS manually by hand AND looking in the telescope at any kind of high magnification at the same time. It's a mutually exclusive condition, it moves way too fast to keep up with unless you're using just the viewfinder and a camera in the main telescope. At low magnifications and altitudes above the horizon it certainly could look like a round object if it's slightly out of focus as its angular size would be much smaller than an airplane. The alternative is that you're just deluded in the most literal sense and what you thought you saw was not what was actually there in the eyepiece.

Now, all this said, you have still failed to explain my evidence directly contradicting your unsupported claims. Furthermore, I've just found out that this Arizona shooter was someone I debated with online about the reality of the shuttle and ISS. Turns out he ended up being a killer and he attempted to kill the wife of a shuttle astronaut. I'm done debating you, for all I know you could wind up doing something similar one day and I don't want to contribute to the hardening of your beliefs by debating them any further. If you seriously believe these things that you're claiming I seriously suggest you seek professional mental help. I've given you more than enough evidence to show that your claims do not match reality and you need to seriously question your whole perspective. Do it for yourself and do it for the safety of others. Perhaps this is a ban-worthy suggestion, but I really don't care at this point. There's too much at stake.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 PM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronut View Post
You can't possibly be tracking ISS manually by hand AND looking in the telescope at any kind of high magnification at the same time. It's a mutually exclusive condition, it moves way too fast to keep up with unless you're using just the viewfinder and a camera in the main telescope. At low magnifications and altitudes above the horizon it certainly could look like a round object if it's slightly out of focus as its angular size would be much smaller than an airplane. The alternative is that you're just deluded in the most literal sense and what you thought you saw was not what was actually there in the eyepiece.

Now, all this said, you have still failed to explain my evidence directly contradicting your unsupported claims. Furthermore, I've just found out that this Arizona shooter was someone I debated with online about the reality of the shuttle and ISS. Turns out he ended up being a killer and he attempted to kill the wife of a shuttle astronaut. I'm done debating you, for all I know you could wind up doing something similar one day and I don't want to contribute to the hardening of your beliefs by debating them any further. If you seriously believe these things that you're claiming I seriously suggest you seek professional mental help. I've given you more than enough evidence to show that your claims do not match reality and you need to seriously question your whole perspective. Do it for yourself and do it for the safety of others. Perhaps this is a ban-worthy suggestion, but I really don't care at this point. There's too much at stake.
And I suppose the people who thought Enron might be diddling the US economy were mental as well?

Nice try Astronut, but I think the people who gave Enron the right to be a "black box" company need their heads checked themselves!

You claim it is not possible to track the ISS through a telescope because it is travelling too fast. But this is not so.

The ISS moves at more than 80 times its apparent diameter per second, however if you "chase" after it through the eyepiece as it whizzes past you can catch up with it and track it at quite a gentle pace for up to a minute or so.

And yes it's always round.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 03-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Gate420 Gate420 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Thumbs down Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
And I suppose the people who thought Enron might be diddling the US economy were mental as well?

Nice try Astronut, but I think the people who gave Enron the right to be a "black box" company need their heads checked themselves!

You claim it is not possible to track the ISS through a telescope because it is travelling too fast. But this is not so.

The ISS moves at more than 80 times its apparent diameter per second, however if you "chase" after it through the eyepiece as it whizzes past you can catch up with it and track it at quite a gentle pace for up to a minute or so.

And yes it's always round.
You need a computerized telescope to make it easier and you can see it just fine and snap pictures with great clarity. Have a look I think the conspiracy is in your telescope.
I am not a Nasa employee and if you don't believe me Google my alias.
I am so tired of people calling every little thing a conspiracy what purpose would it serve them to lie to us.Same as the nutjobs that belive the earth is flat and that sustained space flight doesn't exist and they are easily proved wrong by this photo and Astronut's videos and photos.
No one is out to fake every little thing in the world heck maybe you don't exist maybe you are a robot heck maybe your a ghost in the computer who still thinks your alive, next time you want to talk about a hoax or conspiracy bring some science or some evidence other then I looked and seen a blot get real in court you would lose because we have hard evidence that corroborates each others.
Perhaps you need new lenses new glasses a better spot I dunno but the shuttle and the space station,the moon landings are all real.Also the earth is round gravity does exist and sustained space flight is possible. Thanks have a nice day.




Last edited by Gate420 : 03-13-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added second picture
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 03-27-2011, 05:30 AM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate420 View Post
You need a computerized telescope to make it easier and you can see it just fine and snap pictures with great clarity. Have a look I think the conspiracy is in your telescope.
I am not a Nasa employee and if you don't believe me Google my alias.
I am so tired of people calling every little thing a conspiracy what purpose would it serve them to lie to us.Same as the nutjobs that belive the earth is flat and that sustained space flight doesn't exist and they are easily proved wrong by this photo and Astronut's videos and photos.
No one is out to fake every little thing in the world heck maybe you don't exist maybe you are a robot heck maybe your a ghost in the computer who still thinks your alive, next time you want to talk about a hoax or conspiracy bring some science or some evidence other then I looked and seen a blot get real in court you would lose because we have hard evidence that corroborates each others.
Perhaps you need new lenses new glasses a better spot I dunno but the shuttle and the space station,the moon landings are all real.Also the earth is round gravity does exist and sustained space flight is possible. Thanks have a nice day.
And what model of telescope again was it you said you owned?
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Gate420 Gate420 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
And what model of telescope again was it you said you owned?
I didn't mention any type of telescope, I actually own a few.
I belive the one I used for these shots was my C11-sgt (xlt) computerized telescope.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate420 View Post
I didn't mention any type of telescope, I actually own a few.
I belive the one I used for these shots was my C11-sgt (xlt) computerized telescope.
And what are the other telescopes that you use?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.