Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: London Terrorist Attack

Typical government bullshit, this is so fucking predictable. :-P

Clarke set to rush through emergency arrest powers
Possessing A-Z of London a terrorist offence
London Independent | July 8, 2005
Ministers are expected to rush through measures to arrest and detain suspects accused of acts associated with terrorism as an immediate reaction to yesterday's bombings.
A draft Bill outlined in the Queen's Speech in May set out plans to create offences to bring more terror suspects before the courts and is expected to lead to convictions for those accused of acts preparatory to terrorism.
Yesterday's attacks on London will also make it more difficult for the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats to oppose the introduction of identity cards.
But lawyers and civil rights groups urged the Government not to repeat the mistakes of the past. Peter Carter QC, chairman of the Bar's human rights committee, said he feared the Government would adopt emergency powers that would cause further resentment in Muslim communities but not make Britain a safer place to live.
Mr Carter said: "History has shown us that it is never good to rush through legislation. The laws passed to combat the IRA in the 1970s and 1980s proved a political and a legal disaster."
Mr Carter said the police and security services already had sufficient powers to deal with the threat posed by al-Qa'ida, including an offence of possessing items that were of potential use to a terrorist. Such items, he said, could include an A-Z of London.
Those arrested in the inevitable police raids that will follow yesterday's atrocities are expected to be detained under the toughest powers at the security forces' disposal.
Under the terms of the 2005 Prevention of Terrorism Act, the Home Secretary, Charles Clarke, has the option of using house arrest to detain terror suspects.
Mr Clarke told Parliament in February that he was considering introducing the offence of "being concerned in the commission preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism".
In a statement to the Commons, he said: "Some believe that the absence in this country of a terrorist outrage such as 9/11 or Madrid means that the terrorist threat has passed us by or failed to materialise. That view is short-sighted, complacent, ignorant of the facts and potentially cavalier in the disregard of the safety of this country.

:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Is CC a "copy and paste" forum ?

for the love of god...

Could you..possibly..post your OWN thoughts ? once and a while..mebbe ? I can find blogs for whatever you want on anything..but you can have your own opinions on somthing once and a while eh ?

just post the freaking link if you want to copy and paste..Ill read it in its own context thank you very much !

D.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:44 PM

Interesting how the mainstream media was initially reporting SIX BOMBS going off, when it was only FOUR. And now Scotland Yard is suddenly denying that TWO unexploded bombs were found.

Isn't it awkward when the script doesn't match the play? :-P

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 07-09-2005, 01:00 PM

I never heard of 6 bombs..only 4

were did you get your info ?

and can you prove that 6 went off..or that 2 are discounted..post some links please.

Dreak
Old 07-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Thumper wrote:
Interesting how the mainstream media was initially reporting SIX BOMBS going off, when it was only FOUR. And now Scotland Yard is suddenly denying that TWO unexploded bombs were found.

Isn't it awkward when the script doesn't match the play? :-P

Very awkward!!

Life is but a play!!

I need to search through this haystack for the 4/6 bomb theory and the arrests and no arrests.

With every act of terror, they tighten the nooses around our necks even more.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Dreak wrote:

for the love of god...

Could you..possibly..post your OWN thoughts ? once and a while..mebbe ? I can find blogs for whatever you want on anything..but you can have your own opinions on somthing once and a while eh ?

just post the freaking link if you want to copy and paste..Ill read it in its own context thank you very much !

D.
I like to "cut and paste." That's my favorite thingy to do!!
Old 07-09-2005, 03:50 PM

Blue Angel, why don't you join iidb.org?

We're just preaching to the choir here. :-P

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 07-09-2005, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Dreak wrote:

for the love of god...

D.
Where possible links were provided. Reason some were posted completed, as they were on usenet and link wasn't provided.

Other stories have links where possible.

If you were following the thread you would have seen comment by BlueAngel regarding posting stories to provide overall comparison of conflicting accounts i.e media spin.

Here are more links for anyone interested:

http://www.thesimon.com/magazine/articles/canon_fodder/0889_what_behind_london_attacks.html

Rhetoric vs. Reality in London

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=6898

Massive hunt for perpetrators of London bomb blasts

Jane’s Intelligence Digest

http://www.janes.com/security/law_enforcement/news/misc/janes050708_1_n.shtml

SO WHAT DO THEY WANT?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15717514&method=full&siteid=94762&head line=so-what-do-they-want--name_page.html

Al-Qaida offshoot may be London bombers:-

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=95310&cat=World

London Lives

http://www.alternet.org/story/23437/

UK policy invited attacks – Iran

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4665133.stm

ID cards 'wouldn't stop attacks'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4663155.stm
Old 07-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Thumper wrote:
Blue Angel, why don't you join iidb.org?

We're just preaching to the choir here. :-P
What is it?

Can you provide the link to get me there and I'll check it out!!

Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:13 PM

Dreak,

Did you see that?

"If you were following the thread you would have seen comment by BlueAngel regarding posting stories to provide overall comparison of conflicting accounts i.e media spin."

I know it's difficult for you Dreak, but if you have the time sort through this thread and you will see with your own eyes, that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Scrambled brains, anyone??

If it's too complicated for you and you don't like cut and paste, you can always find another site that better suits your needs.

I don't think those who operate this site have a problem with it!!