Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Why American Women Are Big?

Ahmed, you sound like Carl Jung.

Everything brought down to a lack of a relationaship with God, or in Jungs case the self.

If we only better our relationship with God all will be well.

Like Jung you reduce complex situations down to simplistic explanations and remedy's. You are a fundamantalist by any measure.

You are like the great Yogi's who, when asked by a disciple..."tell me what to do to be happy and content"...you answer..."be aware"...or "just love"...or some other mundane, simplistic truth which is a cover for your own inadequacy to the situation.

Indeed what you say is partly true Ahmed, though your downfall is your arrogence and complete blindness unto WHO your audience is. Westerners are not pagan villiagers, still in the garden of eden...they have a complex consciousness and require a little more in the monolouge.

I urge the reader to get hold of a book by James Hillman and Michael Ventura..."We've Had a 100 Years Of Psychotherapy And The Worlds Getting Worse".

A fantastic and funny expose on how psychiatry/psychotherapy has become a tool of the State, much like the Church, keeping the peasants docile and in line...blaming everything on that terrible childhood while they are assaulted daily by a corrupt and crazy heartless society.

Why do we overeat?

We eat because we live in Golden cages. We eat because we do not act. The flow of life force around our bodies is stagnant because we have lost the ability to act on impulse...to act on the urges God gives us...on our hopes and our dreams, on our greatest wish for ourselves.

We enter relationships young because we are starved of affection, love and understanding from family and community and rush off to the first human being who has exactly the same infantile fantasy wish swimming around you...the majic ends...what now? Pass me the Haggen Dazz...

Add in a society that sits on it's big fat arse most of the day and would drive rather than walk 5 minutes to the shop.

Add in ENDLESS advertising for utterly crap, toxic, high fat foods.

Add in exaustion from Mother and Father both working, who return home to latchkey kids and instead of that well cooked wholesome meal off we go to McDonalds...

Add in the reward nature of food..."hey my life is miserable and i cant leave this relationship coz i'm to needy...i know! I'll reward myself with food...i get a feeling of power when i satisfy my hunger".

When you have the capacity to be alone with yourself and get excited about the possibilities God has given you...you will not over eat. In fact you will have to remember to eat.

When you have gotton through the incredibly painful stage of realising daddy & mummy never really knew you, and you were always trying to fit into what they or some other authority figure wanted...when you've gotton through this painful realization you will have the inner strength to be YOU...you will redirect your energies, currently caught up with keeping safe in old habits of relationship and work and strike off into Gods world filled with excitement for the day and whats in store.

A small example is the dillema I had with posting here. I considered sitting here in spare time pathetic...that i should be out DOING something. Friends thought it pathetic too. Where was the money in posting to a whacky conspiricy site?

When I said to myself...without sounding melodramatic..."this is Gods work for me, i am happiest when i post here...this is my work for the time being...unpaid but incredibly meaningful".

How many of us can act on these things? How many of us have unsupportive partners who will constantly pull you away from Gods work? Whatever that is?

How many of us have forgotton our dream? The thing that got us excited? How many of us traded LIBERTY for SECURITY! FREEDOM for that secure relationship which did not encourage your unfolding but satisfied an infantile fear of abandonment?

Only when you are free to ACT in this world will your compulsions cease or at least lessen.

Only when you have a partner who supports the unfolding of your destiny and you their's, will you be free.

The meaning of life is to be YOU. You are happiest when you are free to be you...but that assumes you know yourself and can carry yourself as an adult. God did not create the Universe for YOU to be miserable! Think about it!

Society does not encourage this. It DISCOURAGES it. The State is not here to benefit you...YOU are here to benefit the State...a State run by a inbred, power mad Elite.

The role of the community is to make a space for your unfolding and to teach you how to be yourself without encroaching on others.

It is OUR job to make a community safe for our-selves. That nurtures and does not destroy.

When we take on this role consciously, and surround ourselves with others who feel the same and will encourage and support us...we will not over eat.

One last thing...ENJOY YOURSELF!!!! No matter how bad it gets they cant win. Keep talking, keep posting and make time for yourself to relax and enjoy the day!

Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 AM

Quote:
get_real wrote:
MSG:

www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

with all the food additives our foods contain, one might want to eat some organic vegies to detoxify, (Or at least eat the vegies from the regular grocer) to produce quicker elimination.

We humans have a tendency to forget to eat extra vegies, and drink a decent amount of water.
MSG is most likely the MAJOR reason people

overeat and dymstifies why the Atkins diet

really works.

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

http://www.spofamerica.com/
Old 04-21-2005, 05:16 AM

Maybe we are missing the point. Obesity has a LOT to do with anxiety and depression. My guess is that many American women are fat because they are forced to play a game of being tough and hard that they are not naturally suited to play. Feminism and American competitiveness and individualism must play a big part on it. The good Doctor M must agree with me on that.

It is just hard to be someone you are not in order not to be labeled as weak or a loser, so they just drown their sorrows in Big Macs.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:53 AM

Saturnino:

RE: Women being tough and hard...
I agree, maybe not 100%, but for the most part you are right in your statement that women are playing a part 'not written for them'(my words).

Being a child of the 50's myself, I see where I must modulate myself at times because the woman in her late twenties, or even into the 40's doesn't want to associate with 'pleasant' women.

I had mentioned in one of the threads (I believe in agreement with someone else) that women are not supposed to take on certain stressors. But that not always apply, obviously.

Of course in today's day the woman needs to work at least part-time to help the husband with additional income. Not all women, but most need to. Then you have the career woman. Just look in your local paper in the classifieds under 'help wanted' and you will see an add similar to this: "seeking live-in baby sitter/housekeeper for newborn of 6 weeks".
Six weeks!!!

Well I don't know about anyone else, but women today want a good weekly wage for this type of work. Hopefully this mom and dad have nice jobs.
This mom "wants" to return to work. She wants that 'on the go' position. Type A??? She might also want to take blame for her own stressors that she really doesn't have to endure.

However, the average (or near poverty level woman), or the single mom definitely are under stress. You see them in grocery stores at a weight of 180+ for a height of 5'4".
The kids are of course average weight, but the mom is obese. No questions about it. McDonald's empty containers in the back seat. Grocery cart with big name brand munchies and snacks.

And no, those snacks are NOT all for the kiddies.

When I visited NJ last year in the Woodbridge area, the first thing that really caught my eyes was the overweight woman. I thought Florida was getting up there. But these woman were young, pretty nice looking --but had huge 'apple' shape mid-sections. Why they wear 'low-riders' is another thread.

Also, because of the availability of prepackaged foods, drive-thru's, and such --makes it very convenient for the 'stressed-out' to just go get their 'need'. Food is their comfort/friend. Their depression uses this as their drug.

Also, the average family of 4 (hubby,wife, 2 toddler ages) are spending at least $150/week for groceries. Plus, eating out, then visiting the grocery store every other day for bread, milk (everyday stuff) truly adds up $$$$$. This causes stress upon stress.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:53 PM

getreal,

I take you are a girl from your avatar !

I guess we could divide this women in teo groups: there is a group who is into being tough for pride and competitivenes, and there is another who is just overstressed by the burdens of this modern life.

I dont have much sympathy for the first group, because it is a choice they make. I cant help but think about the tough fat middle aged ladies I met in the US. Assertive, ill tempered. They are an American phenomenum, I haven't seen anything like them anywhere else in the world. In other countries women of this age group usually are sweet and a source of comfort and support for younger people. Reminds me of the movie Monsters Inc ! (the leader of the Protection Agency).

But there is the other group.
I can tell you here in Brazil we are also in a rat race and women have to help their husbands if they want to have a decent life. That's the way the economy is now, and we could discuss why for days (globalization, etc.). The people who say this is a choice, they dont live in this poor country. It is really cruel to blame women who work hard to help their families. They unfortunately have to endure the stress because there is no other way.

Here if you are middle class sometimes you can afford a babysitter. Sounds like exploitation, but I can assure you they are very happy to have the job. Better than prostitution or starvation, when there are NO other jobs around. But when you have to commute more than one hour to work each way, with no good baby care centers around, this is no luxury at all.

I also want to point out that we should be more compassionate with fat people. It is a very hard place to be when you live in a society that values only the looks and cares nothing about the inner qualities. They suffer a lot.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:43 AM

If you are brought up on junk food, health food is bad tasting. Advertising has succeeded.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:45 PM

Quote:
this wrote:
If you are brought up on junk food, health food is bad tasting. Advertising has succeeded.
Hey THIS!

You are right on that one as well: being brought up on junk food that is!! Makes the health food taste yucky!
To add something else: I've known a mom that made her own baby food, fine!! So I thought!! However, she started pureeing adult type foods and bingo!!! that baby boy was 'hooked' for that flay-vah!!

Even in my own family, when my sister was several months old ---why, I remember my own mother sticking a hotdog, or, or a pierogi, or kielbasy slice into my sister's hand (when she was able to sit in the high chair that is!) And boy, no bland little cereal munchies for her! My sister was eating 'rich' foods too early in life!! She was hooked!!

Yes, my sister ended up the chubby one. To this very day, and she's 45.

No advertising was necessary. I hope the Poles and Ukrainians don't jump down my throat on this response.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to CynSurfin

Quote:
Anonymous wrote:
Now come on guys. you've got to be kidding me, you can do better than this. People are over weight because they choose to be. There's no more hard work to keep one alive, just fast food, frozen dinners, everything is pre-made. Just heat it up, people use to work hard for what they had to eat and were happy for that, now if it isn't about a tv or computer, there not interested. And I think men are wonderful! and I do wonder were have all the good men gone.
BRAVO !!!! int:
Not all American Women are large. With the Hollywood Images & Plastic Surgery shows on TV we are pushed to just the opposite of what is stated in the original post.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:15 PM

Gross obesity is pandemic where I live. I have to go the next town over which is a good 30 mile commute into Hooters to pick up on half decent lookin' chics. :-P
Old 07-30-2005, 05:42 PM

Quote:
nohope187 wrote:
Gross obesity is pandemic where I live. I have to go the next town over which is a good 30 mile commute into Hooters to pick up on half decent lookin' chics. :-P
What's wrong? Can't pick up the Hooter waitresses? Have to settle for the half decent looking ones at the bar!!!